CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY WOMEN'S BOAT CLUB
CUWBC was formed in 1941 following many years when Newnham College had been the only College to support women's rowing. In 1940 the students of Newnham were joined by athletes from Girton. CUWBC first competed as a club against their Oxford counterparts in the 1941 Women's Boat Race.
The club is now responsible for selecting and training the Blue Boat crew and the 2nd crew known as Blondie. In addition, we have a proud tradition of supporting elite athletes reach the very top of rowing. CUWBC has been represented at every Olympic Games since the introduction of Women’s races to the Olympic Regatta in 1976.
CUWBC Chief Coach